Search My Blog

May 28, 2009

Confessions -- Clutter Clutter Everywhere

Warning: This post contains descriptions and images may be disturbing for the chronically organized.

Piles of papers
Stacks of empty boxes
Items for Goodwill
Items for eBay
Memorabilia
Work files
Books to be read
Photos to be filed
Business supplies
Party supplies
Garden supplies
Unopened packages from my book club

The list goes on and on...

I thought I did some good spring cleaning a few weeks ago, but apparently I just managed to push my little collections of clutter into every nook and cranny of my house. This morning I realized that all this "stuff" is cluttering up my thoughts and really distracting me. Seriously, there are so many empty boxes in my office, that you would think I'm preparing to move!!

Here's just one picture that will give you an idea of what I'm talking about (don't say I didn't warn you)...



I'm embarrassed to show you this -- and even more embarrassed that it isn't "staged" for this posting...but that's the real deal. No wonder I can't think -- this junk is really robbing my mojo.

So...I'm off on an organizing spree and hopefully over the course of the next few days I can restore the positive energy in my house and office.

What's robbing your mojo? And what are you doing to make it better?

3 comments:

Cid said...

Oh, how wonderful it is to see someone else's piles. Hi from a new Sitsa.

monica said...

Tackle it one pile at a time. Don't let it overwhelm you. If you deal with one peice of paper all the way through and then file it or throw it away then your won't have to touch that paper again! You can do it!

Stopping in from SITS to say Hi!

~Sandy said...

We all have them,just some won't admit it. My stuff is all stuffed in drawers that barely close. I'm so ashamed but it is true. My advice is to just get started and do one corner at a time. Put on some of your favorite upbeat music and jump in with both feet and before you know it, it will be behind you.Then you can post and say "Look what I did" with before and after pics. I believe in you:) On your marks, get set...now go for it:)
Big hugs, Sandy