Another wonderful recipe from my Gram -- cute as could be with their little ears and bunny tails! They look sweet in a basket, or arranged in a grouping on a plate lined with Easter grass!
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond flavoring
1 1/4 cup flour
powdered sugar for dusting
Step by Step
- Cream butter, sugar and flavoring together.
- Stir in flour and mix well.
- If dough is too dry to handle, add 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Roll 1 level teaspoon dough into ball for head, and 1 heaping teaspoon dough into ball for body.
- Use tiny bits of dough for ears and a tiny ball for the tail.
- Bake about 20 minutes, do not brown.
- While warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Happy Easter everyone!
Thanks again to my Gram for another wonderful recipe!