Search My Blog

April 3, 2009

Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Well, this may sound totally crazy, but I have a new favorite sandwich -- and I think I may have created it!

I got the idea after having Buffalo Cheese Sticks with my daughter at a local restaurant. For lack of a better name I am calling it a Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
It's a little messy -- but it is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!

You'll Need

  • 2 slices of bread (I prefer "Texas Toast")
  • butter or margarine
  • Buffalo hot sauce
  • 2 slices of cheddar-jack cheese
  • bleu cheese dressing


Step By Step

1. Butter one side of each piece of bread
2. On unbuttered side of each piece of bread, spoon Buffalo hot sauce to coat the bread
3. Put butter-side down on a griddle
4. Add one slice of cheddar-jack cheese
5. Spread one spoonful of bleu cheese dressing
6. Add other slice of cheese
7. Top with other piece of bread
8. Grill on each side until golden brown

Optional: Add sliced chicken or bacon.

Alternative: Reduce the fat by eliminating the butter on the bread, and coating the outside of each piece of bread with Butter Flavored Grapeseed Oil, or spraying the pan with a non-stick spray.

Enjoy!! And let me know what you think!!

No comments: