The next two days will prove to be crazy ones, as we ready the house, finish the last of the shopping, bake, and cooking, and set the table in preparation. I'm not complaining, it's really my favorite holiday of the year!
Anyhow, later tonight I will be making Apricot/Cranberry Chutney. It's a recipe I found a couple years ago, and is a delicious (and festive) option to traditional cranberry sauce. I thought you might enjoy it as well. I wish I could take credit for it, but I found it originally on allrecipes.com
- 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 (12 ounce) packaged fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the apricots, cranberries, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves.
- In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Add the dried fruit mixture and vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a covered container.
Oh my...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!