Like so many great recipes that I've gathered over the years, after I got it, I tucked it away and promptly forgot about it. Well, I pulled it out on two occasions recently, and both times it was a huge hit. Best part of all is that it literally takes about 3 minutes to prepare -- and one batch makes a very generous portion.
I figured with Superbowl XLIV just around the corner, now was the perfect time to share it. However I'll forewarn you though -- if you're watching your calories or fat intake, you may want to avoid it -- it's super rich.
- 1 14oz. can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (this dip is better if you a high quality cheese like Parmesan Reggiano)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I’ve used light and regular, and it is much richer tasting with regular mayo)
- a sprinkle of garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients together
- Place in fairly shallow baking dish (8 x 4 loaf dish, or a pie plate works well)
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
- Serve warm with crackers or crusty baguette slices.