Search My Blog

Loading...

June 18, 2009

A Wildtree Review

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a great blog called Prissy Green. The owner, Karissa, is all about living a green and natural lifestyle. If you're looking for ways to start living a little greener, I would definitely recommend swinging by her site for some great ideas about the little ways you can make a difference. In addition to the great info she provides, Karissa also does product reviews on everything from skin care products, to cleaning supplies...and food.

I contacted her about doing a Wildtree review. I know that I can go on and on about Wildtree products, but I wanted a completely unbiased review to share with you. I also had a feeling that Wildtree's all-natural, easy-to-use products would be well aligned with her desire to "find easy ways to live a better life!" (a quote taken from her Blogger profile).

After a few emails back and forth to figure out the types of things she and her family enjoy food wise, I sent her a couple samples to make a great Italian dinner -- and have been anxiously awaiting her feedback.

So without further ado - I'm delighted to share Karissa's review. The drum roll please...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

WildtreeReview
Wildtree was founded by a mother (Leslie Montie) whose children have medical conditions. She wanted to prepare foods that they could enjoy and yet not react. And due to being a working mother, she also needed these to be easy to prepare. She and her parents (frank and Judy) started experimenting and came up with some great ideas and knew others could benefit.

Judy and Leslie started selling their specialty blends at local fairs. Then started home parties, and now is a party plan company in 1999.To make a long story shortened. Wildtree uses unique blends of herbs and spices so that all you have to do is throw them together with fresh ingredients and shortly thereafter you have a delicious meal. They are easy to prepare and do not have the hydrogenated fats, preservatives, artificial flavors and additives in the packaged food you find in the store. Click here to read about a recent study that was covered by The Today Show that links hyperactivity with artificial food dyes and preservatives.


Lauren a sales consultant for Wildtree sent me over a three items to review. i am sad to say our camera was out of the house the night I made dinner, but we had one of the best spaghetti dinners we have had inside the home, maybe even outside. I had their Hearty Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning, and all I had to do was add crushed tomatoes. I let this simmer for about an hour, you really only need to let it simmer for 20 minutes, but you can release more flavor by allowing it to cook additional time. I used whole wheat pasta and no meat. I also added a few chopped peppers and onions. Nothing fancy, but pretty much the same routine that I use when i make spaghetti from a jar. (no meat) It was 100% easy, and 100% wonderfully delicious!


I also had the Tuscany Bread dipper blend. This was excellent. All I had to do was take the mix, add a little water, wait a couple minutes for the water to absorb, then add the oil. It called for Garlic Grapeseed oil, but I did not have grapeseed oil and neither did my healthfood store, so i added a little garlic powder and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Tree of Life. This was a huge hit. We don't eat a lot of bread on our house, so it was a true treat. We both love bread!

I also mixed up Wildtree's Basil Pesto Sauce. it too was delicious with the bread. Craig isn't a huge fan of Pesto, but I am! I also added a little to my spaghetti. We ate like Kings this night. It was our first night of eating after the cleanse, and probably not the best meal to eat (bread) but all in all, we were very satisfied and so were our tummies.

I am anxious to try the salsa seasonings as well as the guacamole. I make both of those at home at lot, and would love to have some extra spices for a little more zing. There is also a whole section to Slow Cooker Meals and those look great! Maybe with fall rolls around I will order a couple of those and report back to you. From salad
dressings to dessert your whole meal can be simple, easy and healthy, plus
delectable!

There is also a Culinary Club you can join to earn 20% off but I will let Lauren explain that if you have more questions about it or even becoming a representative. (yes you can make money selling food!)

Click here to read the review at PrissyGreen.com

Ahh..this review is music to my ears! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found these products to be enjoyable! Thanks Karissa (and family) for trying them out and writing such a detailed review!

Just as a quick follow up to Karissa's post. The Culinary Club that she mentioned is a discount program for online shoppers. Membership includes a 20% discount on all Wildtree purchases made through the designated club website, as well as frequent member-only specials. There is a one-time $25 fee to become a Culinary Club member, and the membership is good for life, with no minimum purchase requirements. You just need to keep an email on record with Wildtree.

During the month of June (2009), Wildtree is offering a great customer special -- spend $60 and receive a FREE Culinary Club membership. Please feel free to contact me or visit my Wildtree website for more information!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin