My latest dinner on the fly was a definite hit -- and was way too good not to share. This was inspired by a meal Jeff and I have enjoyed at a local Italian restaurant -- but is adapted depending upon what goodies are "on hand."
For lack of a better name, I'll call this one Chicken Delight a la Lolly (you can't help but smile when you say that, can you?). The quantity here fed four...with few leftovers. If #5 had been with us for dinner that night, we'd have stretched it...but all been yearning for more.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
- Boneless Chicken Tenderloins (I try to keep Perdue flash frozen ones on hand at all times) - I figured 3-4 tenderloins per person because they are more petite
- Cheese Tortellini (or pasta of your choice) - family size
- One can Whole Artichoke Hearts (in water)
- One can Button Mushrooms (in water)
- One jar Roasted Red Peppers (in oil)
- 3 Tsp. Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup Wildtree Piccata Sauce
- Saute chicken tenderloins in Grapeseed Oil over medium heat until the juice runs clear, turning regularly
- In separate pot, bring water to boil for tortellini
- Drain artichoke hearts and mushrooms
- Remove roasted red peppers from jar, being careful to reserve oil
- Slice peppers lengthwise into strips
- When meat is finished, add roasted red peppers with oil, artichoke hearts and mushrooms
- Add Piccata sauce
- Mix gently, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Just before you're ready to serve, cook tortellini as directed (the type I used was ready in 2 minutes).
- Serve chicken, vegetables and sauce over tortellini.
NOTE: I've also used marinated artichoke hearts for this recipe and added the artichokes with marinade for extra flavor.