Search My Blog

June 24, 2009

Angel Food Cake Bliss

My Aunt wrote to me yesterday to tell me about the way she used Wildtree's Strawberries and Dark Chocolate Jam to make a quick and easy dessert to bring to a friend's house. The final product sounded delicious...I figured I would share it with you!

She made an Angel Food Cake and when the cake was cooled, she warmed Wildtree's Strawberries and Dark Chocolate Jam, mixed in some fudge sauce and drizzled the warm mixture over the cake, letting it run down the sides of the cake. She refrigerated for a few hours so that the sauce could firm up a little on the cake.

To quote her, "It was so good and everyone thought it was pure genius to mix strawberries and chocolate."

As she was describing it, I couldn't help but think how delicious this would be with fresh strawberries and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. And for those of us who are trying to really restrict the preservatives, food dyes, and artificial sweeteners -- Wildtree's Rich Dark Chocolate Fudge Sauce would be the perfect, all-natural choice for the fudge sauce.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I will definitely be trying this one -- and will be sure to take and post photos for your viewing pleasure!!

1 comment:

The Local Cook said...

That sounds wonderful! Who doesn't love dark chocolate?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin