Search My Blog

May 12, 2009

The Infamous Whipped Cream Form Cake

The title on the recipe from my Gram's recipe box reads:

Mrs. Boehler's Whipped Cream Form Cake
May 1924

You'll Need
  • 1 cup heavy cream, whipped until stiff
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup cake flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon flavoring (lemon, almond, vanilla)
Step-By-Step
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Grease and lightly flour tube pan.
  3. Whip cream.
  4. Beat eggs separately, add sugar and flavoring
  5. Fold into whipped cream
  6. Add flour, and blend gently until well mixed.
  7. Pour into prepared pan.
  8. Bake 45 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
This will bake up to be a hearty pound cake, nice with fresh berries and whipped cream for an added treat.

Believe it or not, as homemade cakes go, this one was mighty easy! Just don't make the same mistake I did, and you'll be good to go. Even with my cake flour hiccup, this cake still didn't last a day in my kitchen!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Looks delicious!

Thanks for stopping by my blog & helping to make my SITS day special!

Ksenia said...

Hi Lauren =)
I has not been as lucky as you, because I only have seen my grandma three or four times in all my life, but I remember the time I spend with her like something magic too =)

My grandparents lived far away from Moscow, in a small village, and for a little girl from the capital it was something unusual to live for a week among cows and chickens. My parents left my brother and me for a week with them when they flew to Spain for the first time, 10 years ago, to buy our flat here....and I didn't know it until they arrived!

Sprouts in general have lots of nutrients. When you sprout something, some minerals and vitamins increase in many times (sometimes as much as 400%!!)Also, as all raw food, they keep all the enzimes. So it's alive food!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin