Search My Blog

April 28, 2009

5 Minute Chocolate Cake

A good friend of mine sent me this recipe last week, and it sounded so good, I knew I had to try it out as a possible "Tasty Tuesday" treat. I gave it a whirl yesterday, and I have to tell you, for a five minute treat -- it was pretty delicious. It was a very hearty, dense cake -- almost like a chocolate pound cake.

The good news (for me) is that it's too dense and rich to eat it every day. More good news -- because it's so "heavy," you won't think twice about cutting it in half and sharing it with a friend. The bad news (for me) is that when I'm having a chocolate craving (a very frequent occurrence for this chocoholic), this is such an easy fix that it will quickly jump to the forefront of my mind.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

You'll Need
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (Micro Safe)

Step by Step
  • Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
  • Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
  • Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
  • Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
  • Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
  • The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
  • Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
  • EAT ! (Share with a friend for half the guilt!)




NOTE: Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. Yummy.

7 comments:

Manic Mother said...

Oh-oh all I need is an easy chocolate recipe...trouble for me! Thanks so much for participating. Can't wait to see what you make next!

Jenny said...

These are yummy, a princess house consultant told me about this a couple years ago. I make them all the time for my son:)

Connie Weiss said...

How fun!! I have the perfect mugs for those!

Katamommy said...

I love making this recipe when I need a quick chocolate fix! lol Great blog, I'm visiting from SITS! :)

Katamommy said...

ATC=Artist Trading Cards, kinda like baseball cards but for artists to make and trade. LPS=Life Preservers Scrapbook forum I'm a member of. :) Sorry about the confusion! LOL Thanks for the visit!

Brittany said...

Oh, yum!

That looks divine!

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Your comment was so thoughtful... It made my day! :)

khaye said...

it really looks yummy! I will try these one day because I really like chocolates.Thank you for sharing the ingredients..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin