The only problem is, St. Patrick's Day always falls during Lent, which means at least one family member (if not all) has "given up" all forms of cake, candy, ice cream, cookies and confectionery delights for the season. This year, the kids are practicing some kind of "Extreme Lenten Sacrifice" by giving up ALL junk food. Needless to say, there won't be any Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, or green-tinted cake for dessert tonight.
Fortunately being a die-hard dessert maker, I thought up a festive dessert that will put a twinkle in their smiling Irish eyes -- Key Lime Yogurt Parfaits!
Prep time: 3 minutes per parfait -- tops!
- 1 container of Key Lime Yogurt per serving (my preference is for Greek yogurt, but use what you like)
- Graham Cracker crumbs
- Whipped Cream
- 1 strawberry or raspberry per serving
1. In small parfait glass (or any stemmed glass) layer graham cracker crumbs then yogurt, repeat. Refrigerate until you're ready to eat.
2. Before serving, top with a small spritz of whipped cream.
3. Garnish with a strawberry or raspberry.
4. Serve and ENJOY!!
This tastes like a real indulgence but it's not.
What's your favorite St. Patrick's Day meal traditions?
Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day...and don't forget to Kiss the Cook!